Q. I am having trouble using the Library/OHSU/other website and some features are not loading in Internet Explorer. What is going on?
Answered By: Meg Langford Last Updated: Nov 02, 2021 Views: 17
Internet Explorer (IE) is being replaced with Microsoft Edge, and will fully go out of support in June 2022. According to Microsoft, many modern websites have designs that are already incompatible with IE.
Update your default web browser to another browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
How to change your default browser for OHSU-owned Windows computers, from the OHSU Information Technology Group Support Wiki (must be logged into Citrix or VPN with OHSU credentials to view):
On a standard OHSU Windows computer, use the Software Center app to specify your default web browser. The browser you select will open these file types: http, https, htm and html.
- Open Software Center on your computer (learn how).
- From the left-hand pane, select Applications.
- Select one of these apps:
- Set Default Browser - Microsoft Edge
- Set Default Browser - Internet Explorer
- Set Default Browser - Google Chrome
- Set Default Browser - Firefox
- Select Install.
- After the installation finishes, close Software Center.
- Log off the computer.
- Log back into the computer. Your default browser is now set.
Note: The Windows' Default apps system settings will not work for setting default browser on OHSU-managed Windows computers.
More information on supported browsers for OHSU-owned devices can be found in the ITG Support Wiki (must be logged into Citrix or VPN with OHSU credentials to view).
If you are an OHSU member and continue to experience problems, contact the OHSU Information Technology Group Service Desk: 503-494-2222.
Other Ways to Contact Us
Our mailing address is:
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239