Q. How do I request a book from another academic library using the Summit catalog?
Answered By: Paul Gardner Last Updated: May 31, 2023 Views: 86
Requesting an item through Summit is as simple as broadening your search of the Library's online catalog to include other academic libraries in the Northwest and then requesting the item you want. Here's how to do it:
1. Visit our catalog here.
2. Click the Sign In link in the top right hand corner of the screen.
3. Sign in using your OHSU Network ID (the first part of your OHSU email address before the @ symbol and the associated password). Once you are signed in, you should be redirected to the catalog.
4. Next to the Journals, Books, and More search box, select the dropdown menu (which says "OHSU" by default). Change this selection to OHSU + NW Academic Libraries (Summit).
5. Search for the item you would like in the Journals, Books, and More search box.
6. Click the Availability & Request Options link located below the item you are interested in. If the item is not currently available at the OHSU library, simply click the blue Request Summit Item (about 5 days) link. You may then choose a location to pick the item up at as well as add any additional comments before selecting the Request button.
7. If you don't find the item you are interested in, you may request it through our Get It For Me service.
8. Summit items usually arrive in about 5 business days. Items check out for 6 weeks with the option for one renewal.
Other Ways to Contact Us
Our mailing address is:
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239